Berkeley Inns Covid 19 Response
Keeping our guests and our team safe
Your journey into your ‘new normal’ at all Berkeley Inns Establishments;
- As you enter the building, you will see signs advising how to register for the NHS track and trace system when at our venue. The government requires us to keep your details for 21 days.
- During peak times, there will be a health and safety [H&S] supervisor on duty. They will check your booking and guide you or offer assistance if you haven’t booked. We will be accepting ‘walk-ins’ if space is available, however, we strongly encourage you to book as we will have to limit numbers to maintain social distancing. Our H&S supervisor will also ensure social distancing is being adhered to and monitor queues. During off-peak evenings the duty manager will take on this role.
- If you are dining inside, upon approaching the building, you will notice clear signage, stating that door is specifically for entry or exit only. This is to encourage a safe flow of guests through the building and reduce congestion upon entry and exit.
- Sanitiser stations are located at all entry points for guests’ use. These stations are also available throughout the building. Please use regularly alongside handwashing facilities.
- A cleaning supervisor will be allocated to regularly sanitise all touch points and toilets to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
- Our host will guide you to your table.
- The inside dining areas have been re-arranged to create 1m spacing between dining groups. There will be a sign on your table confirming that your table has been sanitised thoroughly before your arrival.
- Your menus and wine lists will be single use.
- Our service team are newly trained and instructed to follow our stringent new safety procedures and will not be pouring wine as usual to help in maintaining distance, we may also ask your assistance in passing plates etc rather than reaching over for the same reason.
- Please stay seated whilst waiting to pay your bill. We encourage card payments but also accept cash.
- Your server will advise you on where to find the exit to building when you are ready to leave.
- Most importantly have a great time and stay safe always.
What are our team doing?
Our team are committed to keeping you safe whilst with us, we also rely on our guests to stay alert and adhere to social distancing rules, so we can work together to maintain a safe environment.
- Our team are being temperature checked upon arrival to work. If their temperature exceeds 37.8 degrees they are sent home and be tested and follow government guidelines.
- We have enhanced our sickness policy to ensure any team member feeling unwell does not attend their shift and self isolates.
- Our service teams and kitchen teams are trained in advanced levels of sanitisation and cleanliness, above and beyond, government recommendations.
- Staff are also trained to maintain social distancing wherever possible. This might feel quite alien to begin with when they are used to providing attentive service, so please forgive the distance.
- Team rotas are built on a minimum of number of employees per shift needed to operate safely but also maintaining a quality service level.
- Covid-19 risk assessments have been completed, considering all areas, to mitigate viral transmission.
What do we ask of you?
- If you have any COVID symptoms such as a fever you must stay at home and not attend the venue.
- Please maintain a safe distance (1m+) from other guests.
- Indoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households or support bubbles. Outdoor gatherings can occur in groups of 2 households or a maximum of 6 people from different households.
- We strongly recommend all our guests to register with us for track and trace to support the NHS track and trace system.
- All reservations are staggered to reduce the amount of people entering the venue at any one time. Please ensure you are not too early for your table. Space in our pub is limited for the time being under guidelines. Unfortunately, we are unable to serve our guests at the indoor bar, unless there is one of the limited number of spaced bar tables or seating available. If the weather is kind you may wish to arrive early and enjoy a drink in the garden. Unfortunately no drinking whilst stood up indoors is permitted however you may do so in our outdoor areas.
- Please be especially vigilant and observe social distancing, 1m+, when using our restrooms/corridors and areas where there is limited space.
- Failure to observe these safety measures may result in service not being provided.
In addition, if you are staying with us overnight at The Cow Dalbury, the below also applies;
Your stay at The Cow
- Your room will be sanitised, and upholstery steam cleaned, by our trained cleaning team before your arrival.
- Room service will be available should you not wish to dine in our bar area.
- Room keys will be sanitised before use.
- Please let us know your preferred time for breakfast so we can stagger arrival times for your safety.
- Housekeepers will be provided with PPE to maintain safety.
- Housekeeping staff will not enter your room during your stay unless absolutely necessary, in which case you will notified and full explanation given.
Thank you for taking the time to read our customer guidance, we hope you enjoy your visit. Stay Safe.